cupcakes

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Hawaiian Cookies

I know, I know.  I've been making too many cookies lately.  But these are my hubby's favorite, and a good one for me to make because I don't like them, so I won't eat the whole batch just because they're there!

Ingredients:
  • 1 ⅔ cups all purpose flour
  • ¾ tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ¾ cup butter, softened
  • ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
  • ⅓ cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 cups white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut (toasted if desired)
  • ¾ cup chopped macadamia nuts

Preheat oven to 375.


Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl.  Mix or beat butter and sugars and vanilla until creamy, then beat in egg.  
Gradually beat in flour mixture.  
Mix in white chocolate chips, coconut and nuts.
Drop by small cookie scoop onto baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes, being careful not to over bake unless you want crispy cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment